Thursday, October 14, 2010

D.O.A. (1950)

I know it's October and should be doing horror, but I watched this back on the first or second of the month and was really interested in seeing noir. Here until Halloween I'll be doing horror, and if I don't quicken my pace, I'll be blogging about them through Thanksgiving.

Frank Bigelow (Edmond O'Brien) has been murdered, and he wants to know why. He takes a vacation to San Francisco to think over his relationship with his girlfriend and bumps into some strange folks. During the night, someone slips him poison in a drink and later he learns he is going to die.

From there he goes on a frantic journey to find out who did this, and why. A man calls the office desperate to speak with him and him alone, but he is on vacation. When Frank learns of his fate, he tries to call back only to find out the mystery caller has died. Everyone he meets sends him in a different direction and he isn't sure he can trust any of them. The story is told in flash back to the police.

I'll tell no more of the story. It kept me guessing to the end and did not disappoint. But despite what they say, luminous toxin is made up. AMRU 3.5. Wow, I didn't have too much to say about this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment